This registration certificate allows you to perform tasks nominated by your employer, a licensed auctioneer.
To be eligible for a trainee auctioneer registration certificate, you must:
- be 18 years or more
- not have been convicted of a serious offence anywhere within the last five years, including any of the following criminal activities punishable by three or more years of jail:
- fraud and dishonesty
- drug trafficking
- unlawful stalking
- violence or the threat of using violence
- any offence of a sexual nature
- not be disqualified from holding a licence or registration certificate
- have no criminal involvement in unlawful activities
- have completed the training requirements.
If you are currently affected by bankruptcy action, you are still eligible to apply but we will issue the registration certificate on a case-by-case basis.
To qualify for this registration certificate, you must complete the following subjects of the Property Development and Management Training Package (PRD01) through a registered training organisation:
- PRDRE14A Market property
- PRDRE39A Prepare and execute documentation.
Alternatively, complete the following subjects of the Property Services Training Package (CPP07):
- CPPDSM4004A Conduct auction
- CPPDSM4014A Market property for sale.
Registered training organisations
For information on courses and training providers in Queensland, visit training.gov.au.
Applying for a trainee auctioneer registration certificate
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete the training requirements and attach proof of qualifications
- complete PAMD Form 3 - Application for registration certificate (PDF, 555 KB)
- provide originals or certified copies of your birth certificate, birth extract, passport, Australian citizenship certificate or drivers licence (see below for advice on getting certified copies)
- provide two certified, passport-quality photos of yourself
- pay the registration fee of $272.00 for one year or $462.00 for three years
- pay the criminal history check fee of $38.40
- lodge the application (see the application form for lodgement details).
Applicants must undergo a criminal history check to confirm their suitability.
The criminal history check costs $38.40 (which includes $1.13 GST) for each person who appears on the application form. The fee applies to all applications and renewal notices.
Processing time is 4-6 weeks. However, it can take longer if we need to contact you for missing information or fees.
The processing time may be up to six weeks because the criminal history check process, handled by the Queensland Police Service, is thorough and time consuming.
Send certified documents
Take the original document and a copy to a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, solicitor, barrister or a Notary Public. They will stamp and/or sign the copy and write ´This is a true copy of the original document´.
The Department of Justice and Attorney-General has a list of JPs in your area. Otherwise, contact your local post office, courthouse, bank, shopping centre manager or pharmacy who may be able to advise on the location of local JPs.
Please note that a photocopy is not a certified document.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to a partial refund if you withdraw your application or it is refused. We will also refund any unused criminal history check fees or fingerprinting fees.
Last reviewed 28/09/2012