Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Home > Security industry > Licence types

Licence types

Printable view Printable view

Anyone working in the security industry in Queensland must register with us. If you are unsure whether you need a licence, please contact us.

You may need an individual licence and/or a corporate licence.

Individual - Class 1

Bodyguard - providing close personal protection services.
Private investigator - obtaining and providing information about another person without their consent, such as surveillance work or investigating the disappearance of a missing person.
Crowd controller - maintaining order in and around a public place such as a hotel or sporting event.
Cash transit security officer - carrying cash or other valuables.
Unarmed security officer - guarding, patrolling or watching another person´s property, without a guard dog or weapon.
Monitoring security officer - monitoring property using an electronic monitoring devices such as a visual recording system, a radio or remote alarm system.
Dog patrol security officer - guarding, patrolling or watching another person´s property, with a guard dog.

Individual - Class 2

Security adviser - providing advice about security equipment, methods or principles.
Security equipment installer - installing, repairing, servicing or maintaining security equipment.


Security firm - people, partnerships or corporations engaging security providers.


Approved security industry association - association for security firms.

Training package change

The CPP07 Property Services Training Package has replaced the former PRS03 Asset Security Training Package.

From 31 December 2010, if you commence the Certificate II or Certificate III in Security Operations, you must be trained and assessed in accordance with the CPP07 Training Package.

We will not recognise, for security licensing purposes, a training qualification from the PRS03 Training Package issued after 31 December 2010.

You can get information on training providers who offer this course in Queensland, by visiting

Further training and career information can be found on the Education and training portal.

Last reviewed 25/02/2013

Printable view