We hear about lots of consumers who have lost money because they didn't know their rights and responsibilities. We recommend reading these real life stories to make sure you don't get caught out in a similar situation. If you have had an experience that you'd like us to share, to help other consumers, please send us an email.
Want to get a refund?
Buying a car or having one serviced?
- Checking contract for a used car
- Cooling-off period for used car purchases
- Statutory warranty on used car purchases
- Multiple quotes when servicing a car
Buying real estate?
Buying a product or service?
- Safe shopping online
- Shop around for the best price
- Unsolicited consumer agreements (face-to-face)
- Unsolicited consumer agreements (phone sales)
- Be wary of itinerant traders
- Ensuring bunk bed safety
Putting an item on lay-by?
Hiring a security guard?
Last reviewed 30/01/2012