Our role in product safety is to ensure consumer products are as safe as possible and fully inform consumers about using products safely and informing suppliers about selling safe products.
Our long term goal is to reduce the number of product-related injuries to Queenslanders.
We work towards this goal by:
- monitoring and enforcing mandatory safety standards for consumer products
- recommending unsafe products be banned or recalled
- providing guidance to industry about supplying safe products
- providing safety information to consumers
- investigating complaints about unsafe goods.
The Office of Fair Trading will also recommend recalling and banning any products considered not safe for sale.
Toys removed from sale - Christmas toy blitz 2012
Toys removed from sale this Christmas.
Products with mandatory standards
A list of products that must comply with mandatory safety and information standards in Australia.
Read about our current safety initiatives.
Product safety warnings
Current warnings about potentially unsafe products.
A list of banned products in Australia.
How to keep up to date with product recalls.
Advice on what to look for when buying second hand.
Last reviewed 05/12/2012