Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Home > About us > Our organisation > Our minister

Our minister

Printable view Printable view

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie, with wife Sally and daughters Taylor and Madison

Jarrod Bleijie was appointed Queensland's Attorney-General and Minister for Justice by Premier Campbell Newman after the March 2012 State election.

Jarrod Bleijie was elected to the Queensland State Parliament for the electorate of Kawana on the Sunshine Coast in March 2009, and re-elected in March 2012.  He was appointed to the Shadow Cabinet in December 2010, as Shadow Attorney-General and Shadow Minister for Corrective Services.

Prior to being elected to Parliament, Jarrod practised law in a respected Sunshine Coast firm, mainly in the areas of business, corporate, body corporate as well as property law.

He has been a member of the Parliament's Legal Affairs, Police, Corrective Services and Emergency Services Committee and was previously also a member of the Law, Justice and Safety Committee, and the Legal, Constitutional and Administrative Review Committee.

Jarrod is involved in a large number of Sunshine Coast organisations. He is a Rotarian, a Lion, a former Board Director of Mercy Ships Australia, a Board Member of Sunshine Coast Youth Partnership Inc, and a Board Member of the Italian School Committee Inc. He is also the Patron of Kawana Soccer Club and the Kawana Waters Surf Lifesaving Club.

A Justice of the Peace (Qualified) in Queensland, Jarrod studied law through Queensland University of Technology, completing his Articles of Clerkship on the Sunshine Coast.

Jarrod lives at Little Mountain with his wife Sally, where the couple are raising their two daughters and one son.

How useful did you find this information?

Please type the word exactly as it appears above (to aid in spam prevention)

Please only use this box if you wish to give us feedback about the website and the information available on this page. There are alternate methods if you wish to make a general enquiry or lodge a complaint.

Last reviewed 30/04/2012

Printable view