Fair Trading regulates a number of businesses and industries in Queensland to safeguard consumers and ensure a high level of industry professionalism. If you want to work in the following businesses and industries, you must be registered, licensed or accredited before you can start.
Real estate industry
- Real estate agents, resident letting agents, property developers, auctioneers and pastoral house agents
- Bodyguards, crowd controllers, private investigators, security equipment installers, security advisers, security officers and security firms
Travel and tourism industry
Specific businesses and industries
- Tattoo operators and tattooists
- Debt collectors and process servers (commercial agents)
- Second-hand dealers and pawnbrokers
- Introduction agents
- Funeral providers
- Fitness centres
Get ahead in business
Simply go online to Queensland´s most comprehensive business web site - Business and Industry Portal
Whether you are already operating a business or just starting up, the Queensland Government´s Business and Industry Portal gives you access to the latest government business information and assistance, grants, licensing and support services that can help you cut red tape and achieve business success.
Visit the Business and Industry Portal and gain direct access to a range of valuable interactive tools, fact sheets, online business skills development and resources that are designed to equip you with skills and information needed to start and grow your business successfully.
Start now by visiting: Business and Industry Portal email us at email@example.com or call the toll free number to find out how we can assist you: 13 QGOV (13 74 68) (interstate/overseas callers +617 3405 0985).
Last reviewed 02/01/2014