Assistance for natural disaster victims
Disaster assistance for licensees and non-profits
If you hold a licence issued by us or you are a not-for-profit organisation, you may be eligible for special assistance disaster assistance and concessions.
Profiteering and price gouging
Information about price increases in basic consumer goods, and what you can do if you think a business is acting improperly.
Water damaged vehicles
Information motor dealers must tell consumers when they are selling water damaged motor vehicles.
Advice for consumers making insurance claims after natural disasters.
Information for businesses
Sale of water damaged products
Important information about selling products that have been damaged by water.
Scams and dodgy traders
Warnings about door-to-door traders after natural disasters, and how to protect yourself.
Make sure you are donating to a legitimate charity.
Other useful links
- Queensland Government disasters and emergencies website - information on disasters and emergencies and details on how to get help
- Queensland Government business website - information for businesses and recovery assistance
- Brisbane City Council
- 131940.qld.gov.au - traffic and travel information in Queensland
- RACQ road conditions report
- Ergon Energy and Energex - power outages
- Bureau of Meteorology - weather warnings
- Volunteering Queensland
Last reviewed 25/10/2012