Note: If you apply for a corporate real estate licence (affordable housing), you must also have an individual real estate licence (affordable housing).
This licence allows your company to:
- rent out houses or units that operate under a affordable housing rental scheme sanctioned by the Department of Housing
- collect rent
- operate a trust account for trust money it receives.
A corporation is suitable to hold a corporate real estate licence (affordable housing)) if a director of the corporation is a licensed real estate agent.
A company is considered suitable if:
- its business address is located in Queensland
- it is not in receivership or liquidation
- all of its executive officers (managers, directors, company secretaries) are considered suitable
- we decide that the company is suitable.
An executive officer of a company is considered suitable if they:
- are not bankrupt
- have not been convicted anywhere in the previous five years of a serious offence, including any of the following criminal activities punishable by three or more years of jail:
- fraud and dishonesty
- drug trafficking
- unlawful stalking
- violence or the threat of using violence
- any offence of a sexual nature
- are not disqualified from holding a licence or registration certificate
- have not had a cancelled or suspended property agent licence or registration certificate
- have not caused a pay out from the property agents and motor dealers claim fund
- are not disqualified from being a licencee or executive officer of a corporation
- are not listed on the national register of disqualified company directors
- have not had an order made against them by the Property Agents and Motor Dealers Tribunal, Commercial and Consumer Tribunal or the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
There are no training requirements for a corporate licence, as you will have completed training as part of your individual licence.
Applying for a licence
To apply for a corporate real estate licence (affordable housing) licence:
- meet the eligibility criteria
- complete PAMD Form 1-2 and notes - Application for corporate licence (PDF, 588 KB)
- provide originals or certified copies of your birth certificate, birth extract, passport, Australian citizenship certificate or drivers licence (see below for advice on getting certified copies)
- pay the licence fee of $660.00 for one year or $1190.00 for three years
- pay the criminal history check fee of $38.40 of each executive officer/director and business partner/associate
- lodge the application (see the application form for lodgement details).
Applicants must undergo a criminal history check to confirm their suitability.
The criminal history check costs $38.40 (which includes $1.13 GST) for each person who appears on the application form. The fee applies to all applications and renewal notices.
Processing time is 4-6 weeks. However, it can take longer if we need to contact you for missing information or fees.
The processing time may be up to six weeks because the criminal history check process, handled by the Queensland Police Service, is thorough and time consuming.
Send certified documents
Take the original document and a copy to a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, solicitor, barrister or a Notary Public. They will stamp and/or sign the copy and write ´This is a true copy of the original document´.
The Department of Justice and Attorney-General has a list of JPs in your area. Otherwise, contact your local post office, courthouse, bank, shopping centre manager or pharmacy who may be able to advise on the location of local JPs.
Please note that a photocopy is not a certified document.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to a partial refund if you withdraw your application or it is refused. We will also refund any unused criminal history check fees or fingerprinting fees.
Last reviewed 28/09/2012