For information on what we can and cannot do to resolve your complaint, please view Step 3 of the How to make a complaint process complaint handling.
What you need
Your complaint must be in writing and must contain information about:
- who the trader is and their specific details (eg: address, name of manager/owner/salesperson, date of sale etc)
- the facts about what happened in chronological order
- copies of supporting evidence, such as receipts, contracts and correspondence
- details about how you have already tried to resolve the problem
- details about what you would like us to do, such as help you get a refund or a replacement.
How to lodge your complaint
You can choose to lodge your complaint in two ways:
- use our online complaint form
- complete the Fair Trading complaint form (PDF, 219 KB) and lodge your form (see the form for lodgement details).
Last reviewed 10/01/2013