How long will my application or registration take?
- Licence applications - 4-6 weeks
- Incorporated association registrations - 3-4 weeks
Your application will take longer to process if we have to contact you for missing information or fees.
You cannot conduct business until you receive your licence or registration certificate.
Why does it take this long?
If your application includes a criminal history check, the processing time may be up to six weeks because the criminal history check process, handled by Queensland Police, is thorough and time consuming.
If your application does not require a criminal history check, the processing time for your application will be shorter.
How will I know that my application or registration is being processed?
We start processing your application once you pay your fees. Check your bank statement for debits or cleared cheque payments.
How can I make the process quicker?
Ensure you complete the application form correctly and include all fees.
Make sure that any documents you send us are certified copies of the original.
Each form has a checklist at the end to make the process easier.
Why was my application or registration form returned to me?
If your application is incomplete, we will send it back to you for completion.
We will stamp the application to indicate what information we need. If we don´t receive your completed application within 60 days, we will refund your fees and you will need to apply again.
Completing your application or registration
Before you send your application or registration form to us, check that you have:
- signed the form
- completed the declaration
- included the correct fee, including the criminal history check fee if required
- attached certified proof of your identity
- attached passport-sized photographs (for commercial agents, security providers and all salespersons only)
- provided proof of training completion if required
- fulfilled all other requirements.
After six weeks
If you haven´t received anything from us after six weeks, please call us.
When you call us, please have with you:
- a copy of your application or registration form
- any reference number we´ve given you
- any correspondence you´ve received from us
- a note of any relevant dates, such as the date you lodged your application or that your fees were debited.
Last reviewed 28/05/2012