Searching the Queensland Charities and Associations Online Register will provide a quick indication about whether a charity is registered to fundraise in Queensland or if an association is incorporated in Queensland.
The free facility identifies organisations listed under the following Acts:
- Collections Act 1966
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981.
Note: Charities such as religious denominations, Parents and Citizens Associations and hospital foundations are not required to be registered to fundraise in Queensland. Community groups and individuals authorised by a registered charity to collect on its behalf will not appear on this register.
If you require more specific information about a charity or an incorporated association, such as a copy of its annual returns or an extract or certificate, call our Registration Services branch to request the documents. To check if a charity is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient, visit http://www.abr.business.gov.au/.
Search hints and tips
- When entering a search criteria , an automatic wildcard is inserted at the beginning and end of the search. For example, "ice" will return "service", "police", "I.C.E.R.C", as well as numerous other combinations.
- All results will be returned in alphabetical order.
- If no results are returned, check your spelling or be specific with your search terms. For example, you could try "Basketball" for "Basketball Club of Beaudesert".
- If a charity or association has been deregistered, does not exist or has not been registered with Fair Trading Queensland, no results will be returned.
The register is updated daily and provides details about the organisation name, number and postcode.
The prefix in the organisation number refers to:
- CH - Registered charity: an organisation authorised to fundraise in Queensland whose objects are solely charitable.
- CP - Community Purpose: an organisation or appeal sanctioned / authorised to fundraise in Queensland for charity.
- IA - Incorporated Association: an association granted status as a legal entity under the Queensland Associations Incorporation Act 1981.
Condition of use: As a user of this online search facility, you acknowledge that this service will not be used to process bulk requests for marketing purposes.
Please note: The Queensland Charities and Associations Online Register may generate an error message in some web browsers. If you experience a problem with the online register email us with your enquiry.
Data obtained using this facility is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as evidence in legal proceedings.
Queensland Charities and Associations Online Register
Last reviewed 18/06/2012