Fair Trading has a policy that, if an organisation not based in Queensland wants to register as a charity or seeks sanction as a community purpose organisation, a trust deed must be executed.
This deed requires that the organisation:
- appoint at least three Queensland residents to conduct and administer the organisation´s activities in Queensland
- provide information on how the organisation will use the money it collects and what proportion it will specifically allocate within Queensland.
If the organisation holds an authority to fundraise under their home State's fundraising legislation, then it is exempt from this requirement. If the organisation does hold such an authority, a copy of it should be forwarded with the application.
We will only grant authorisation to overseas aid organisations that meet at least one of several criteria. It must either:
- indicate how it will ensure funds or materials reach the intended recipient
- be affiliated with a reputable international aid organisation, and both organisations must lodge their financial accounts with us each year
- receive funding from the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAid).
We require sufficient information to prove that the organisation has met one or more of these criteria.
Last reviewed 09/12/2011