You must tell us within 14 days of any changes to your motor dealers, wrecker, broker or salesperson licence details:
- licensee's name
- corporation name (only when your ACN remains the same. If your ACN has changed, then your corporation will need to apply for a new licence)
- business or trading name
- postal, residential or business address
- licensee's home telephone number, business telephone number, business fax number, mobile telephone number or email address
- executive officers (for corporations)
- if you, your partners or executive officers are charged with or convicted of a serious offence in Queensland or elsewhere
- if you are affected by bankruptcy action
- if you are disqualified from holding a licence or registration certificate.
You may have to pay a fine if you miss the 14 day deadline.
To notify us
Write a letter to our Industry Licensing Unit that outlines:
- the changed details
- your name on the licence and licence number.
If you are changing your name on the licence, you must attach documentary evidence of your name change. You must supply an original document, or a photocopy certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, barrister, solicitor or Notary Public as being a true copy.
Reissuing your licence
If you change your name or corporation name (where ACN remains the same), we need to send you a new licence showing the new name. The fee for a replacement licence is $35.00 and takes 1-2 weeks.
You must tell us if you have been convicted of an offence that is punishable by three or more years imprisonment and involves:
- fraud or dishonesty
- drug trafficking
- the use or threatened use of violence
- an offence of a sexual nature
- unlawful stalking.
Last reviewed 16/07/2012