About the licensing register
Use this free search tool to find out if your real estate agent, motor dealer, security provider or commercial agent is properly licensed.
This search is for information purposes only. If you are using the information for a legal, contractual, employment, or any other formal purpose you should obtain an official extract from the register.
To obtain an official extract, you will need to call us. Costs are associated with obtaining official extracts:
- Introduction agents
- Property agents
- Motor dealers
- Commercial agents
- Second-hand dealers and pawnbrokers
- Security providers
- Tourism services
- Travel agents.
We check licences listed under the following Acts:
- Introduction Agents Act 2001
- Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act 2000
- Second-hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 2003
- Security Providers Act 1993
- Tourism Services Act 2003
- Travel Agents Act 1988.
This search tool brings back a snapshot of current licensees from the register maintained under each of the above Acts. It is updated daily and provides only details of the licence number, licence holder, licence type and expiry date. In some instances, where a renewal has been lodged and not yet processed by this Office, the licence may appear to have expired. If the licensee appears on this list, their licence is deemed to be current.
Search hints and tips
- When entering a company name, an automatic wildcard is inserted at the beginning and end of the search. For example, "over" will return "coverage", "clover", "movers", as well as numerous other combinations. Try to provide as much of the main name as possible but do not use blank spaces, commas, full stops or words such as "pty" and "ltd".
- When searching an individual, an automatic wildcard is placed at the end of the search. For example, "over" will return "overall" and "overcast" but not "drover". While first name is not mandatory, it will assist in reducing the number of results returned.
- All results will be returned in alphabetical order, on the basis of the licence type selected.
- If no results are returned, this may be due to a licence being cancelled, deactivated, suspended or a renewal having not been lodged by the licensee.
- If you are looking to check if a charity is registered, you will need to search the Queensland Charities and Associations Online Register.
Please note: The Licensing register may generate an error message in some web browsers. If you experience a problem with the online register email us with your enquiry.
Data obtained using this facility is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as evidence in legal proceedings. If you require a copy of the register entry or a certificate issued under the relevant Act, please contact us on 13 QGOV (13 74 68) for further information, including fees.
Last reviewed 18/06/2012